Jo-Ná A. Williams, Esq. founded J.A. Williams Law P.C. – The Artist Empowerment Firm in 2011 to provide artists and entrepreneurs with ways to successfully navigate their careers and provide assistance with business, entertainment and intellectual property matters. She founded Artist Empowerment Group in 2013 to advise artists on business, branding and marketing. Some of her clients have written best-selling books, reached the Billboard Top 100, and been nominated for Grammys. She’s been featured in Marie TV, The Vocalist Magazine, Women In Music, ReverbNation, CDBaby and The New York State Bar Association’s Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Journal.
"This interview is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice of any kind. Jo-Ná Williams and J.A.Williams Law, P.C. assumes no liability for use or interpretation of any information contain in this interview. This interview should not be an alternative to obtaining legal advice from a licensed attorney in your state based on the specific facts of your legal matter. Jo-Na Williams is licensed to practice law in the State of New York only."
In this episode Jo-Na and I discuss the following:
The moment this interview ended I made an appointment to talk with Jo-Na about my business! I have been working with her for years and am so grateful for her help! No too many of use would walk down the street naked....don't leave your business naked and vulnerable either!
I hope you learned a lot in this podcast and if you like what you are hearing don't forget to subscribe to the podcast and tell your friends and family about it! Also please feel free to tweet me! @karenlitzyNYC and follow Jo-Na Williams, Esg for more great legal tips!
Have a great week and stay healthy wealthy & smart!
In this episode I was thrilled to interview Dr. Sharon Dunn the current president of the American Physical Therapy Association. Dr. Dunn is a breath of fresh air and she has the right attitude and leadership skills to usher in a new era for the APTA. Her great Louisiana accent just adds to her charm!
In this episode we talk about:
· Her days growing up in Louisiana and how that helped to shape her leadership skills and her decision to be a physical therapist.
· How she first got involved in the APTA and her journey to becoming president.
· Her BEST advice for those physical therapists who might be on the fence about getting involved in the APTA….hint it is super easy!
· What were her personal challenges in taking over the reigns as president of the APTA.
· What are the biggest challenges facing the profession of physical therapy
· What steps can the APTA (remember if you are a PT you are the APTA…it is not just those with leadership positions) do to help with the challenges facing our profession.
· How does Dr. Dunn change the negative connotation of a challenge to a positive (I have started using this brilliant mindset daily).
· How physical therapists are uniquely qualified to accomplish the triple aim of healthcare.
· What does Dr. Dunn have in common with Albert Einstein (aside from being crazy smart!).
On the healthy Wealthy & Smart Community Board this week is the PT Day of Service. Treating at a pro bono clinic. Working in a soup kitchen. Cleaning up a park... No matter where or how, we have the ability to positively impact change. Whether we call ourselves 'Physical Therapists' or 'Physiotherapists,' service embodies who we are, what we do, and how we act. Become a part of PT Day of Service™ as we join together to better the world! The day of service will be October 17, 2015. For more information click here.
In this episode I was thrilled to interview Mike Eisenhart, PT, managing partner of Pro-Activity Asociates in New Jersey. Mike is leading the charge in the world of physical therapy to define our value beyond rehabilitation and move towards health and wellness in the community. This is where physical therapists are uniquely qualified to lead the charge!
In this podcast we discuss:
* How physical therapy can move from a strictly "rehab brand" to a "lifestyle brand"
* How to involve your community to stay healthy and active
* What advice does Mike give to other physical therapists who want to grow a sustainable business that goes beyond rehab and truly includes the client and community
* Learn the importance of "speaking the language" of the people you are trying to reach
* Why should PTs focus on secondary prevention
* What do we as a profession need to do to shift the public's view about physical therapy
* The importance of collaboration no matter the size of your business
* Find out where Mike sees his business going in the future
* Learn more about BaseCamp 31