In this episode I am thrilled to interview celebrity chef, author and filmmaker Charles Mattocks. Also known as "The Poor Chef" he has been featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Talk, CNN, Dr. Oz and Martha Stewart. He has also been recently featured at the TEDx conference in San Francisco. In this episode we talk about his newest project Trail By Fire, a movie about CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome). CRPS is a very difficult diagnosis for the patient, family and caregivers and hopefully this film will bring more national/international attention to this diagnosis.
In this interview we talk about:
* His motivation behind making the movie.
* What he learned from interviewing people living with CRPS.
* His hope for Trial by Fire
* Why he is so passionate about helping people living with CRPS (and diabetes).
* What it is like to be a caregiver to someone living with CRPS.
Charles is so passionate about getting the word out about CRPS and Trial by Fire is a powerful film from the patient's point of view. Often times as healthcare professionals we see the patient for short snippets of time in their lives. As a result we sometimes don’t get the "whole picture" of our patient and that is what I think Charles is doing with this film. I look forward to seeing the finished product!